Sunday, April 01, 2012

Planes, Trams, and Automobiles!

I was up bright and early this morning to pack the last of my toiletries and such and then have breakfast with my other half and her legal other half... and the micro midget.  (for those not in the know - which i think is basically anyone not at that breakfast with a few exceptions - that equates to my BFF from high school Felicia, her husband Wayne, and their youngest girl Alex who only a few months old) IHOP and BACON!!!! And then to the airport!

My first flight was delayed, but only by 20 minutes or so... but that was just enough that I didn't have the time to do lunch with Ross (a friend of the family who happens to be a pilot himself - Captain) which kinda made me sad. It would have been really nice to see him!

Had to take a tram to get from one terminal to the next in Houston cause that airport is so big... Then had just enough time to grab some Panda Express for lunch (had some while waiting to board but mostly ate it on the plane) and get going again. Boarded and found my seat only to offer to switch since the guy next to me and his wife were separated... Same row but they were both in the middle and on opposite sides of the aisle... So I gave up my window seat so they could sit next to each other. They both thanked me at the time and before they exited. Wish I'd had the window seat though; turns out my favorite part of flying is watching the world go by all small below me... Flying is a blast, but the airports are less fun.

Anyway got to Miami fine. Retrieved my checked bag from the luggage carousal and started looking for the person who was supposed to exist there with a Royal Caribbean sign only to end up calling the RC assistance hotline. They basically said if I can't find them to just look for the courtesy shuttle operated by the hotel. Done and done.

Checked into the hotel, got cleaned up and then went down to the bar/grill for dinner and a mojito. And now after some talking and texting and chilaxing - it's bedtime!

Tomorrow will be bright and early for me as well, gotta be up and repacked and showered and checked out so I can catch a shuttle to the port at 9am. <-- for the record that's normally when i'm waking up... and I lost and hour! lol

All My Love,
I'll post when I can!
~Elle~

No comments:

Post a Comment